i. Monitoring of the projects under CAD&WM Programme is primarily the responsibility of the State Governments. However, MoWR and CWC will also monitor through quarterly progress reports, field visits, meetings etc. Remote sensing and GIS techniques can also be employed to monitor the progress on coverage of outlets having Unique Identification Number (UIN) and assess impact of the programme. State Governments are to use online web-based monitoring of CAD&WM Project for sending status of progress.
ii. Concurrent evaluation including quality control aspects by an independent agency must be done by the States.
iii. States to constitute a multidisciplinary Committee including representative of Panchayati Raj Institutions at State level (Wherever CADA Boards exist, the same can discharge the functions of State Level Monitoring Committee) with following indicative Terms of Reference:
- To decide the annual work programme in such a way that paripassu implementation takes place in the implementation in an integrated and holistic manner and to advise suitably.
- To review the progress of programme and make suggestions for improving its performance at all levels to achieve the target.
- To decide upon the evaluation studies to be taken up at the State level.
- To review and recommend project proposals to be sent to the Ministry of Water Resources for inclusion of project under the scheme.
- The committee shall include representatives from MoWR, Central Water Commission (CWC), Central Ground Water Board (CGWB), Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs) and other members as per composition already circulated.
- State Level Monitoring Committee (SLMC)/ State Government is to ensure quality control in the execution of the works and a report on the progress of works during preceding financial year to be submitted to MoWR in the Month of July-August of every financial year.
- The procedure for quality control mechanism should be in place with responsibility on correctness of data & quality of works fixed for the officers at the level of JE/AE/EE/SE/CE. Details of quality control mechanism, frequency of such reports to be submitted to SLMC/State Govt., quality assessment parameters etc. are to be formulated.